The past week was busy, as we prepped for Sara’s 12th birthday that was held on Saturday.. The party consisted of two phases: Phase (1) a beach themed celebration at our house with family and friends, a water slide, a taco bar, and cupcakes; Phase (2) an afternoon with girlfriends, walking around the mall without parents.
The guests arrived at 11 am, and included:
- Mia and Pappa
- Gigi and Pepa
- Aunt Emmy, Uncle Frank, Franke, Lillie, and Audrey
- Aunt Crystal, Uncle Jake, Molly and Ruby (all the way from CA)
- Aunt Kristen, Uncle Sai, Allie, and Olivia
- Aunt Wendy
- Dario, Lisa and Melissa Negrini
- Mommy, Daddy and Sophia (honored guests)
The kids played on the water slide for the first hour, before lunch time.
Sara’s fave food of all time are taco’s. Daddy prepared:
- Beef and chicken
- All the taco toppings one can imagine
- Grilled corn with crumbling Mexican cheese, topped with parsley, butter and paprika
- chips with hot and mild salsas’s.
After lunch, it was time for gifts. Sara received:
- Makeup palette
- Venus fly trap
- Hair straightener
- Hair curler
- Bath bomb making kit
- nail polish
- Gifts cards
- Pop socket for iPhone
- Splat ball
- Team 10 and OFC sweatshirts from Sophie
- Face masks
Cupcakes and the birthday song came next!
For the last half hour, the kids played on the water slide a bit more before we wrapped up.
Phase 1 was complete, and Sara said her thank-you’s and goodbyes. The older girls stayed and enjoyed the water slide for another hour, all to themselves and void of little kids.
Then they came in, showered and did their hair for their mall walk.
We arrived at the mall near our house around 4:45, and the big girls were off. Sara was instructed to check in with me every half hour, and she did a great job fulfilling this task.
Soph and I enjoyed time alone together. We stopped for macaroon’s and gelato, went shoe shopping, and found a cute stuffed puppy to add to her collection.
Then we met up with the girls around 6:45 for dinner in the foodcourt, before we headed home.
It was a great day, with great friends!
Happy birthday Sara B!
You are beautiful inside and out, and I love you so much!!